In the case of an order, a purchase agreement is only concluded when AB Kandre International has confirmed the order by means of an order confirmation. An order confirmation is generated automatically. If the delivery time changes in the order, the customer will be notified as soon as possible. AB Kandre International has ownership and right of repossession of all products until full payment has been received from the customer.
Prices include VAT. Once the order is confirmed, prices can only be changed due to circumstances beyond the control of AB Kandre International. For example, significant changes in raw material prices, currency changes or changes in VAT.
- Free shipping within Sweden.
- 199 SEK shipping per order will be added for delivery within Europe. We deliver to the following countries: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom. At present we do not deliver outside Europe.
4. Payment terms
- Collection/payment on site in KAN Butik at Stormyrgatan 15 in Orsa (open Mon-Thurs 11-16, Friday 9-13) Payment: Swish.
Payment on the website via
Items in stock are normally dispatched within 2-4 working days after we have received your order. If we do not have the product in stock, the delivery time will be longer and the customer will be notified by email.
6. Delays in delivery
Sometimes delays in delivery occur beyond our control. This can happen, for example, when a supplier is unable to meet its delivery obligations to us. If this happens, we disclaim liability to the customer for the damage caused by the delay. You can rely on us to always notify you if deliveries are delayed.
7. Transport risk
Together with our shipping partners, we bear the transport risk, i.e. the risk of the goods being damaged or lost in transit from our warehouse to you. You and the carrier bear the risk of any return to us.
8. Damaged goods
When you receive your goods, it is important that you inspect the package immediately. If the packaging and contents are damaged, please notify your postal centre or the carrier directly. Always keep the confirmation you receive that your goods are damaged. We would be grateful if you would notify us as soon as possible if this happens. However, at the latest within one week.
9. Right of withdrawal and open purchase
According to the Distance Contracts Act, you as a customer have the right to cancel your purchase within 14 days after you have received the goods and without any special reason. When exercising the right of withdrawal/open purchase, the customer pays for the freight. Right of withdrawal and Open Purchase only apply if the product is in its original packaging in its original condition and the plastic around the seat must not be opened due to hygiene reasons.
If you wish to complain about a damaged or faulty product, please contact us by e-mail or telephone within one week. Always keep the packaging, the original box and the payment confirmation. If you need to return a damaged product to us, it is easiest to do so in the packaging and wrapping in which it was sent out. Normal wear and tear will not be replaced.
- AB Kandre International provides a 2 year product warranty on all products covering material and manufacturing defects, provided the toilet seat is used in a normal manner.
- The warranty does not apply to scratches from sharp objects, abrasive cleaners, careless use or normal wear and tear.
- The warranty applies only to the toilet seat, not to any ancillary costs that may be incurred in connection with replacement.
- The guarantee is valid subject to presentation of a receipt or invoice. AB Kandre International guarantees that the affected customer will receive an equivalent product without compensation.
Refunds will be made as soon as possible, but no later than 14 days after we have received and accepted your return.
We reserve the right to change prices due to large price variations from our suppliers, misprints or other errors beyond our control. Read more about unforeseen events under Force Majeur below.
In the event of war, natural disaster, industrial action, government decisions and comparable events beyond our control which could not reasonably have been foreseen, and which affect agreements entered into as well as promises made by us, which make it impossible for us to fulfil the said agreement/promise, shall constitute grounds for us to be released from our obligations to fulfil the said agreement.